Storms may occur with little to no warning sometimes which can potentially make it harder to prepare for. High winds can be an effect after thunderstorms, tornadoes, and hurricanes can turn small objects and debris into dangerous projectiles. When these items hit buildings, it can cause small to big structural damages. However, by preparing now, these structural damages can be kept to a minimum.
- Cover windows and doors
- Check for weak areas
- Inspect the roof
- Maintain the landscaping
Severe weather can cause devastating damages to a home or business. If severe damages strike your property, SERVPRO of Victoria can help minimize the cause of the damage. Our team of experts has the experience and equipment to help during these difficult times. We are dedicated to helping you make it “Like it never even happened.”
Types of Flooding
Flooding can occur at any time of the year, especially around the coastal region of Texas. However, did you know that there are different types of floods? There are several kinds of floods, and SERVPRO of Victoria feels it is important to educate our customers, so they can make informed decisions on how to handle the situation.
Flash floods- most dangerous kind of flood, combining nearly
River flood – Occurs when a river overflows its banks. A common cause for this is tropical systems (hurricanes, tropical storms, etc.) or an abundance amount of rain.
Coastal flooding – this is the result of strong onshore winds pushing on water from the ocean or bay. These can be classified as storm surges and may greatly affect homes along the coast.
Urban flooding – floods are due to the lack of drainage in an urban area.
SERVPRO of Victoria is here for any of your weather-related remediation needs, give our team of trained professionals a call!
Are you prepared for Tropical Storm Nicholas?
SERVPRO of Victoria is here to help when disaster strikes.
Tropical Storm Nicholas is expected to bring heavy rain. Are you prepared? SERVPRO of Victoria is here to help our community. Our team has a few tips for you to follow in case an event was to happen:
- Be prepared, create an evacuation plan
- Learn and identify different evacuation routes to be able to evacuate quickly
- If public transportation is relied on, contact the local emergency management for evacuation information
- Move to higher ground if there is a chance of flash flooding
- Driving during high rainfalls can be extremely dangerous. Stay updated by checking service announcements through the National Weather Service.
SERVPRO of Victoria specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. As we continue to keep an eye out for Tropical Storm Nicholas, our team is highly trained and ready if disaster strikes. Our team uses specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since SERVPRO of Victoria is locally owned and operated, our team is able to respond quickly with the right resources, which is extremely important when disaster strikes. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
When storms hit Victoria, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,700 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (361) 573 -6000.
Hazardous Circuit Overload
It's common to use electrical outlets and extension cords, but they can become dangerous when they are overused. Listed below from the Electrical Safety Foundation International, here are some hazards along with remedies to fix the problems.
Potential Hazard: Overloaded circuits could cause an electrical fire.
Warning signs: outlet or wall may be warm to the touch; Outlet may be yellowed or discolored; circuit breakers may frequently trip; the smell of burnt insulation in the air.
Remedy: Have an electrician run a dedicated circuit and install additional outlets.
Potential Hazard: Overloaded extension cords could cause electrical fires.
Warning signs: The extension cord is warm to the touch.
Remedy: Use an extension cord with the same or large wire size as the cord is extended. Also, since extension cords are intended for temporary use, consider having an electrician install additional outlets.
Potential Hazard: Ungrounded outlets that will not protect you from an electrical shock in the event of a short circuit.
Warning Signs: three-prong plug has been forced into a two-prong plug outlet.
Remedy: If the outlet has no grounding wire, have an electrician run a new circuit with a grounding wire. If there is a grounding wire, simply install an outlet that accepts three-prong plugs.
Potential Hazard: Improper placement of extension cords could cause a fire.
Warning Signs: Extension cords that run through walls or underneath carpets.
Remedy: Try rearranging furniture, finding a closer outlet, or having more outlets installed.
If an unexpected water event or disaster happens, you know who to call. Give a ring to SERVPRO of Victoria at (361) 573-6000. We're always ready for whatever happens!
For Immediate Service Call SERVPRO of Victoria
SERVPRO of Victoria has the expertise to handle any of your restoration or cleaning needs!
SERVPRO of Victoria provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Victoria. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
· 24-Hour Emergency Service
· Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
· Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
· A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
· Locally Owned and Operated
· Advanced Restoration & Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (361) 573-6000
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your Victoria commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services.
· Commercial Water Damage Restoration
· Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Does Your Victoria Home Have A Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all molds from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all molds, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If you see any signs of mold, call SERVPRO of Victoria today!
Benefits of Getting your Air Ducts Cleaned
Is it worth having your air ducts clean? Getting the ventilation systems inspected should be a high priority on your to-do list. In most cases, the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system has been operating for some time without attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your business or home.
Clean air ducts benefits:
- Eliminates offensive odors
- Reduces potential mold growth
- Remediates bacteria, fungi, and mold
- Restore peak energy efficiency
- Lowers indoor air pollution
A routine part of the SERVPRO of Victoria service is inspecting the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC system and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may save you money.
HVAC Commercial Fire
Safety is important, get your HVAC's checked regularly to avoid any fire damage!
Here at SERVPRO of Victoria, safety is important to us when dealing with a fire emergency. After a fire emergency, our team is dedicated to responding immediately to business after a fire to help prevent any secondary damage. Following a fire, our crew takes close attention to the HVAC system and ductwork. HVAC fire hazards are present at any time of the year. Fortunately, many of these risks are preventable.
The Top HVAC Fire Hazards:
- Old, corroded, or broken parts: This problem often stems from an HVAC unit that is not regularly serviced. Problems with essential parts can lead to decreased efficiency and can potentially lead to potential fire hazards.
- Items are stored too close to the HVAC unit: The HVAC unit itself produces a considerable amount of heat. Storing combustible items such as boxes, paper, motor oil, and chemicals too close to the unit creates a high-risk environment for a fire.
- Problems with connections or gas pressure: Problems with connections in a gas furnace can lead to toxic gas being released into the home, leading to both health and fire hazards.
- Electrical problems: Whether the unit has a loose cord connection, a frayed cord, an old cord that overheats, or another issue, electrical problems with HVAC units can easily spark furnace fires.
- Leaking fuel line: This can be a harder problem to spot since many fuel lines are located inside or behind the unit. Yearly inspections can help catch old, at-risk fuel lines before they start leaking and posing a major fire hazard.
- Improper installation: When an HVAC unit is installed improperly, it can lead to many problems such as reduced airflow and efficiency, and increased costs. Improper installation can also cause serious problems such as carbon monoxide poisoning and fire hazards.
SERVPRO of Victoria is always here to help 24/7. Our team understands the stress and worry that comes with fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and home or business.
Different Types of Fire
SERVPRO of Victoria is dedicated to helping you during a stressful time.
When SERVPRO of Victoria arrives on the scene following a fire, our team follows a process. First, our goal is to calm the customer’s fears. The next step is to pre-test the smoke to determine what type of fire has taken place.
Are you aware of the different types of smoke?
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber (low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary)
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood (fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises, therefore, the smoke rises)
Protein Smoke – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire (Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor)
Fuel Oil Soot – Furnace Puff Backs
Other – Tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residue.
Smoke and soot residue can damage carpet, upholstery, and contents if not removed quickly and efficiently. In a fire-damaged structure with soot on the walls and other surfaces, cleaning and restoration are less disruptive and more cost-efficient than replacement. Replacement may also mean a longer disruption time than restoration.
Our team understands how disruptive a small fire can be. SERVPRO of Victoria is dedicated to helping you during a stressful time. If you or anyone you know experience fire damage give our team a call.
Be Prepared with SERVPRO of Victoria when a Storm Strikes!
Storms can approach fast. SERVPRO of Victoria is always here to help our community!
Storms do not wait for a convent time to strike or check our schedules. Storms often come at the most inconvenient time. This is why SERVPRO of Victoria is here for you 24 hours, 7 days a week! Our team does not pass up the opportunity to help out our community during emergency storm situations.
Whether the storm is a spring thunderstorm or a major flood, our trained professionals are ready for action! It is extremely important to take immediate action when disaster strikes, to prevent additional damage to the property.
When storms hit the Victoria area we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1.700 franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States. If you have any questions regarding potential water or storm damage in your home, give our trusted train professionals a call at (361) 573-6000