Common toilet problems and plumbing issues can lead to water damage in a business. Over time, plumbing issues can cause quite a bit of problem if not maintained regularly. By taking care of toilet issues as soon as possible plumbing problems occur is the best way to prevent further related water damage. If this is not taken care immediately costly repairs may appear. The following may cause toilets to overflow in your business:
- A drain line becomes clogged
• The septic field is not percolating
• Sewer damage occurs somewhere in the system’s lines due to issues such as tree roots or foreign objects causing a clog
• A low flow toilet is not able to handle the demands of your household
• The trap between the drain line and the toilet bowl becomes blocked
If you were to experience a toilet overflow in your business, it is best to dry up the accumulated water in the affected areas. However, depending on the extent of the leak caused by a toilet overflow, consider calling a company that specializes in restoration. Here at SERVPRO of Victoria, we provide appropriate safety measures and steps during the cleanup process and will restore your business quickly!