Without warning, emergencies can strike your home or business. Immediate response is critical especially when water damage strikes. Did you know there are three different major classifications of water that can cause a loss in a home? The three types of water classification are defined as the following:
Clean water does not contain waste products, and presents few health risks. Sources of clean water include burst pipes, defective appliances, water heaters and rain or snow entering through a leaky roof.
Gray water carries waste products, but does not include human waste. Sources of gray water include overflowing washing machines, dishwashers and bathtubs. Gray water generally does not present the hazard of spreading disease.
Black water carries waste products and disease causing organisms. Sources of black water include flood water and sewage backups. Black water losses pose serious health threats, and damage is generally more severe.
SERVPRO of Victoria understands that dealing with water damage is a highly stressful. Our highly trained technicians are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Give SERVPRO of Victoria a call if you or anyone you know experiences water damage, (361) 573-6000.
Take Immediate Action When It Comes To Mold
When disaster strikes a home or business its human nature to want to take immediate action and find a solution to the problem. However, that is not always the case when it comes to mold. There are things that can be put in place to limit the spread of mold spores and to limit exposure to it; but before mitigation can begin the source of the moisture must be found. If there is ongoing water damage, mold may come back even if remediation is completed. SERVPRO of Victoria are able to come and inspect your workplace or home to see if mold is a real concern and help to try and identify the source of water damage that is ultimately causing the growth of the mold. SERVPRO of Victoria is dedicated in helping make disasters “Like it never even happened” call us at (361) 573-6000
Water Damage Timeline
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. SERVPRO of Victoria arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
- Water quickly spreads throughout the property, saturating everything in its path
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish
- Furniture begins to swell and crack
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain
- A musty odor appears
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp
- Metal begins to rust and corrode
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold
- Paint begins to blister
- Wood flooring swells and warps
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost may increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Victoria
SERVPRO of Victoria specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. Give us a call if you have any questions (361) 573-6000!
It is common to see a storm with heavy down pours of rain causing flooding in the most protected neighborhoods. Do you know what to do during a flood? SERVPRO of Victoria has a few tips for you to follow in case an event was to happen:
- Be prepared, create an evacuation plan
- Learn and identify different evacuation routes to be able to evacuate quickly
- If public transportation is relied on, contact the local emergency management for evacuation information
- Turn Around, Don't Drown! ® Moving water above two feet can knock you down; one foot of water can move vehicles away
- Move to higher ground if there is a chance of flash flooding
- Driving during high rain falls can be extremely dangerous. Stay update by checking service announcements through the National Weather Service.
For more information about flooding, visithttps://www.ready.gov/floods. Be proactive and create an evacuation plan to keep safe. It is very important to stay up date when it comes to natural disasters. SERVPRO of Victoria values our community; we are here to help when disaster strikes!
Winter Storms in Texas
Usually, Texas does not endure freezing cold temperatures. However, Texas has been going through a flurry of weather changes in the past few weeks. Temperatures have been dropping and we are here to help give you tips on what to do to protect your home during the extreme cold weather.
- Wrap and insulate any exposed pipes located outside or in unheated areas of the home
- Clear out all gutters to prevent ice from forming for any kind of water damage
- Seal any type of leaks that can allow cold air inside near any water pipes especially in unheated parts of the house
- If possible, drain water in your yard irrigation systems as this is a common place for water to freeze and cause damage
- Cover vents around the foundation of your home
- Bring your potted plants inside or cover them to protect them from freezing temperatures
SERVPRO of Victoria is dedicated to help you. If you face any winter storm damages, give our team a call (361) 573-6000 and we’ll be there to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Truth about Mold Growth
It is important to treat water damage immediately when it happens or right when it is discovered. When water damage occurs, small or large, and is not properly treated, there is potential that it could lead into further damages. In as little as 48 hours, mold can begin to spread throughout the affected areas; especially if the conditions of the area are moist and dark. Do not leave the safety of your home up to chance. If you have experienced water damage take charge and give the professionals a call to properly dry out your home to prevent mold growth. SERVPRO of Victoria has highly trained technicians with years of experience and certifications to get the job done. Do not hesitate to give SERVPRO of Victoria a call (361) 573- 6000. Our team is dedicated to help you when disaster strikes!
Commercial Water Damage
Flooding and water damage events at Victoria commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
SERVPRO of Victoria professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Victoria
SERVPRO of Victoria specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
What to do Until Help Arrives
Have you ever experienced water damage in your home? Each time a house is damaged by water, the type and/or amount of damage can be different and requires different and unique solution. When sewer water enters your home, it may contain bacteria, viruses, and other microbes that can cause illness. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Victoria has the right equipment and specialized training to quickly fix any problems. While you're waiting for our services, here are some helpful things to do and not until help has arrived.
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily damaged or we areas
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if they have been exposed to the contaminated areas.
We understand the stress and worry that comes with water damage and we are here to minimize the interruption of your business. Give SERVPRO of Victoria a call (361) 573-6000 if your company experiences water damage!
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all molds from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all molds, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Victoria can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold
Winterize Your Business
The winter months may call for some businesses to take some standard precautionary measures to help protect their company. These measures include basic maintenance checks and preparation to help ensure your business and employees remain safe. A few tips include:
- Check your business property for down tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves or debris accumulates causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats on non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present
SERVPRO of Victoria is a team of specialists, trained in cleanup and care for your business. We are always here to help make disasters “Like it never even happened.” Give our team a call today if you experience any water or fire damage at (361) 573-6000.