Vacation Getaway Safety
Summer break is almost over but there is still time left for everyone to take a vacation! Summertime is prime time to travel and a survey shows about one-third of American families are taking the opportunity this summer to go on a summer vacation. But in case of an unexpected disaster, be sure to have your home prepared. Below are a list of things to do to make sure your home is secure when you're off spending time with your family on vacation.
Make arrangements with an Emergency Contact:
- Close friend or neighbor
- Provide emergency contact
- Turn on porch lights
- Collect mail - burglars looks for home with overflowing mail
Protecting your Home:
- Consider getting motion sensor lights, this way, if anyone gets too close to your home, lights will automatically turn on.
- Purchasing an electric timer may be helpful for your home. This allows you to save energy and keep your electricity bill cost lower.
- Keep watch, use the emergency contact above to keep an eye on your home and check it each day to make sure everything is okay.
- Security system is one of the best ways to protect your home while on vacation
Taking Additional Precautions:
- Shut off gas and water at the meter, supply tank or appliance
- Turn off all water valves to any the appliance with waterline
- Unplug all electronics to prevent any electrical shortages
- Make sure smoke detectors working properly before leaving
- Adjust your thermostats to 75-82 degrees, this will help control air usage.
- Be careful what you say. Leaving for vacation is exciting but saying too much may create your home as a target for invasion. Resist the temptation to broadcast your vacation on social media - tell your friends after you return.
- Tell your alarm company- alert the company you will be out of town, especially on an extended trip.
- Lock everything down and secure valuables.
Don't let your summer vacation turn into a water staycation. If an unexpected water event or disaster happens, you know who to call. Give a ring to SERVPRO of Victoria at (361) 573-6000. We're always ready for whatever happens!
The summer heat is setting in and July 4th is upon us. As Independence Day approaches, people are preparing for the entertainment and celebration. Communities fill their towns with red, white and blue decorations. Parades occupy the streets and the night skies are filled with glittery, sparkling fireworks! While fireworks are the most iconic ways to celebrate the Fourth of July, they can cause quite a bit of damage if not used carefully. Fireworks have been responsible for many injuries and fires. Enjoy the use of fireworks around the holidays by being responsible. If you are planning to use fireworks to celebrate your holiday festivities, first, be sure to check if fireworks are legal around your area. Safety first; follow the following tips if you plan to use fireworks to celebrate:
- Use fireworks outdoor only
- Ensure local weather conditions permits the use of fireworks
- Obey local laws regarding the use of fireworks
- Read the directions and warning labels on fireworks before using them
- Be aware of your surroundings, including powerlines and trees
- Always have a bucket of water, hose and/or extinguisher nearby.
- Never aim fireworks towards people, animals, or objects
For more firework safety tips visit www.fireworkssafety.com. SERVPRO of Victoria is wishing you a happy a safe holiday. If disaster strikes give us a call at (361) 573-6000
- Alcohol and fireworks do NOT mix
Get an Emergency Ready Profile with SERVPRO of Victoria
Do you own a small business? Disasters can happen when you least expect them and preventing them is a challenge too. However, you can always be prepared. Let SERVPRO of Victoria help you stay in business by helping you be prepared for unplanned disasters. By planning ahead, this can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. By creating a Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) with SERVPRO of Victoria you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. The Emergency Ready Profile provides critical details of your facility along with immediate contact information that provides a guide to help get you back into your building after a disaster. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is key to a timely mitigation. This will help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business. Be ready and get a free Emergency Ready Profile with SERVPRO of Victoria, give our office a call at (361) 573-6000. Making sure "Like it never even happened."
Smoke and Soot Clean Up
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Victoria will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. SERVPRO of Victoria has the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. Our crew will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (361) 573-6000
SERVPRO of Victoria 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage
SERVPRO of Victoria is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today – (361) 573- 6000
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Victoria has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Victoria
SERVPRO of Victoria specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
For Immediate Service Call SERVPRO of Victoria
SERVPRO of Victoria provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Sugar Land. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
· 24-Hour Emergency Service
· Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
· Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
· A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
· Locally Owned and Operated
· Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (361)573-6000
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
· Water Damage Restoration
· Fire Damage Restoration
· Mold Remediation
· Storm Damage Restoration
· Cleaning Services
· Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Sugar Land commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services.
· Commercial Water Damage Restoration
· Commercial Fire Damage Restoration